Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"Letting go isn't giving up."

"Letting go isn't giving up. It's trusting God to do whatever He has to do. Remember what you know to be true…Sometimes God has to destroy in order to save. He has to wound in order to heal."
{Bridge to Haven, page 123}

This was such a fun read for me. I got lost in the story and love being able to "escape" in a good book. The quote I posted above was a favorite of mine. It was the lesson I felt God weaving in my heart throughout the week I was reading this. It brought me to tears many times as I thought about my own children growing up…making choices…running away…dating wrong people…

In theory I can say that I trust God…that I trust Him with the lives and future of my children…but would I still pray so fervently for them if they had run that far…done that much…made that many bad choices? Or would I just say, "I give up."

I pray that I will always be a faithful prayer warrior to my children, no matter what journey the Lord chooses to take them on in order to save their eternal souls.

Looking forward to the August book!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment