Tuesday, August 12, 2014

An open letter....

An open letter to Francine Rivers,

Oh Francine, how I have loved you from the moment my heart read and bawled reading "Redeeming Love." It was like you looked in my life and saw the battle that I have fought. The Love that I have fought against. The Love that pursued me.

I read your 'Mark of the Lion' series, and gloried in the Love that pursued Hadassah

And I began your latest book :'A Bridge to Haven' reading how a sweet pastor found a little girl, seemingly thrown away, and took her in as his own.

And I knew what was coming.

A girl. Running away from God's love. Seeking her own pleasure.

Thinking she was not worth the Love of her Father.

And I seethed.

I have heard it all before.

Girl runs. A man loves her. And she feels God's love.

It has been so long since I've felt HIS love. Or a man's love for that matter.

I was somewhat bitter through out the reading of your book. All the while glorying in the love that your book was displaying.

I was reminded YET AGAIN of what I feel I have missed out on.

But then you had to go and post your "Note from the Author" and explain that the inspiration for your book came from Ezekiel 16.

And I wept.

And read..

Realizing that I have experienced that kind of love. All along.

And I NEEDED to be reminded. In anyway. Always.

Thank you for reminding me.

Yet again.

Sincerely,

A reader for life,

Kathy

"This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will deal with you as you deserve, because you have despised my oath by breaking the covenant. Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed when you receive your sisters, both those who are older than you and those who are younger. I will give them to you as daughters, but not on the basis of my covenant with you. So I will establish my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the Lord. Then, when I make atonement for you for all you have done, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth because of your humiliation, declares the Sovereign Lord." Ezekiel 16 



No comments:

Post a Comment